Making All the Right Moves
I'm having a running dispute with my postman. He keeps shoving direct mail in my letterbox along with my mail. When I've asked him to stop he claims he can't and there's no way to stop it, so I post it back in the box at the end of my road
It's the usual untargeted rubbish - loans, double-glazing and stairlifts but yesterday I got a surprise….
Rightmove.co.uk have an A4 flyer doing the rounds and what caught my eye was the intelligent way they're driving people to their site.
- It's targeted to Londoners
- It has an article on how to maximise the value of your home
- Talks about their Search Tools – a new mobile site and functionality to search by proximity to a tube or train station plus a criteria-based agent search filter
- There's a competition for a £25k kitchen
- A X-promotion with Big Yellow Self Storage
- A Landlord's checklist
- A Seller's guide
All neatly laid out with pretty pictures over 8 pages, the leaflet may not be of use to me now as I'm not looking to sell, but I'll remember the brand and shove it in a drawer for when I am looking.
I'm forever spotting where companies miss opportunities for offline to online traffic generation, and this is a great example how to do it well and in a non-intrusive way.